Are you tired of city life and want to chill out with your friends or partner?
Well, in that case, fishing can be the best venture that can give you the complete joy of spring. The sound of water, beautiful view of nature are suitable for a person who wants to be footloose and fancy-free for some time.
That’s why we’ve come up with the five best 2 person fishing kayaks for you. So, you can indulge yourself in something productive.
Factors to Consider While Buying 2 Person Fishing Kayak
One thing to remember is there are so many types of fishing kayaks, and it’s a bit tricky to choose the best one for yourself. Without doing proper research, you can come up with something you will regret in the future.
But don’t worry about it as we are here to cover you up. In this article, you’ll find out the list of best fishing kayaks. So, the following are some essential points you’ve to consider while buying a 2 person fishing kayak.
Type of Kayak
The first and most important thing you have to consider is which type of fishing kayak you want. There are two types of Kayak. The first one is Sit-on-tops and the second is Sit-in. If you are looking for lightweight fishing kayaks, than you should also check our brief review of 5 best lightweight kayaks.
The difference between the two are, the sit-on-top Kayak is easy to use for beginners. You can quickly get in and out. But a sit-in kayak provides you water protection and more control over the paddle. It depends upon you which one you prefer for yourself.
The seating arrangement of the Kayak is something that you can’t ignore. No one wants an uncomfortable seating arrangement while fishing. That’s why I always choose a kayak that has comfortable seats.
Other than seating arrangement, select the number of seats you want, such as 2-person, 3-person, or 4-person fishing kayaks.
Storage is not a problem, especially when only one person is using the Kayak. But the problem starts from the point when the number of people doubles. Two or more people means double equipment and belongings of each person.
So, while buying a fishing kayak, choose the one that gives you the required storage option.
Check out the capability of the Kayak. How much weight does Kayak take? Because the last thing one wants is tipping over from the Kayak because of overload. Before buying any Kayak, read its specifications to know about the weighing capacity.
Remember, the size of the Kayak also matters while fishing. The longer the length, the more efficient the Kayak works in water. At the same time, smaller size kayaks can turn easily and move quickly.
Bear in mind that safety always comes first. So don’t think of buying a cheaper two-person kayak with lousy quality. Usually, cheap kayaks don’t work in water efficiently and in terrible weather conditions.
Reviews of 5 Best 2 Person Fishing Kayaks
Eagle Double Kayaks
Eagle double kayak is the first pick on our list from the Kayaks2Fish brand. It has a range of three seats, two for adults and one for a child. It comes with two lightweight floating paddles.
The comfort level of the seat while paddling made it an easy-to-use kayak. It does not matter whether you’re a beginner or a skillful paddler.
- Eagle double kayak gives one exceptional seat capacity for a child (it does not include a package you have to pay extra for).
- It is made with HDPE (High-density polythene) and UV8 plastic.
- It has lightweight paddles.
- It has a storage capacity of 250kg.
- Eagle Double kayak has six scupper holes for drainage.
- Comfortable seat for back support.
- Easy to use.
- Comfortable seats.
- Good storage capacity.
- It has one-month money back and a three-year warranty.
- Not suitable for open water.
Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak
Lifetime fisher tandem is a lightweight and easy-to-carry Kayak. With this fishing kayak, you can easily hold up to a 500-pound weight with three individuals. It is not only designed beautifully, but it’s also a good value for money.
It provides stability in the shape of a comfortable seat design. In addition, the hull design allows people to stand up while angling which means no tension of kayak flipping while fishing.
- Even three people can use it.
- It comes with only a 50lbs weight.
- It has an extra compartment for dry stockpiling.
- Provide Comfortable seats and various footrest positions.
- It is constructed with high-quality polythene and UV8 plastic.
- Stable for standing up while angling.
- Provide comfort and stability.
- It is made with high-quality products.
- Provide extra features.
- It is not suitable for open water.
- The speed of the Kayak is not good.
Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
Coleman Colorado 2-person fishing kayak is certified by NMMA (National Marine Manufacturer Association) for lake use. It’s a lightweight kayak with a 41lbs weight, which can carry a maximum 213 kg weight.
No doubt, it is a well-built kayak specifically for those who don’t have a big budget and want durable and easy to transport kayaks.
- 18-gauge PVC, 1000 D tarpaulin bottom, and a nylon 840D cover provide safety from puncture.
- It offers a durable, airtight system for your protection.
- Feature paddle holder and adjustable Berkley quick set rod holders.
- Provide mesh storage pockets and D-rings for equipment.
- Double threaded Boston value makes sure easy inflammation and deformation process.
- You can add a trolling Sevylor motor fitting feature to enhance fishing proficiency.
- Lightweight and easy to carry Kayak.
- NMMA certified and the best option for the lake.
- Durable and convenient for storage equipment.
- Budget-friendly Kayak.
- Not suitable for racing purposes.
- It is not stable for terrible weather conditions.
3.1M NextGen 1+1 Adult & Child
3.1 M NextGen is a stable and easy-to-use Kayak that moves fast due to the V shape hull underneath design.
The maximum weight of a kayak is only 25kg, but it can store valuables of 190 kg. It is constructed with Roto molded, and HDPE means a reliable and durable kayak that you can use for years.
- It was built with Roto-molded and HDPE (of UK) and.
- It features a footrest area for comfort and greater control.
- The weight is only 25kg, so that even a person can carry the Kayak anywhere.
- It has carry handles and a holder for the bottle.
- It is a solid and well-built kayak.
- Provide good space for equipment.
- No cons have been seen yet.
Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak
Elkton outdoor Tandem Fishing Kayak is 12 feet long and 2 feet wide fishing kayak built with a roto mold injected body that can carry a maximum of 650-pound weight.
It comes with four internal airtight compartments to protect your belongings from water, which means you don’t have to worry about your valuables while fishing.
- The weight of the Elkton Tandem fishing kayak is 75lbs, which makes it easy to carry.
- Provide four airtight internal storage compartments, plus a D-ring chamber.
- It comes with two adjustable seats that provide comfort while fishing.
- High-quality material provides safety against picture or crack.
- Large enough to provide space for two people.
- It is a Solid and durable Kayak that will last for years.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Provide enough space for two people.
- It Comes with adjustable velcro seats.
- Seat quality is not good, according to buyer reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best 2 person fishing kayak?
There are so many kayaks you can find in local markets or online stores. Still, the procedure of choice is not an easy task. Following are our suggestions for people who’re looking for the best 2 person fishing kayaks.
- Eagle Double Kayaks
- Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak
- Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
- 3.1M NextGen 1+1 Adult & Child
- Elkton Outdoors Tandem Fishing Kayak
Are tandem fishing kayaks good?
One can spend some quality time alone while fishing. But when it comes to a person who wants to enjoy quality time with friends, family, or partner while fishing. Then Tandem fishing kayaks are a good option for family time.
Can one person use a two-person kayak?
Every Kayak is made for a specific quantity of people. So you can’t ignore the maximum limit of persons in Kayak because it could be dangerous for you. But yeah, you can use a two-person kayak alone. There is no problem or danger if a person uses a two-person kayak.
Is kayaking easier than canoeing?
Kayak and Canoe both are famous, but they both are different because of their design and characteristics. Usually, kayaks are lightweight compared to Canoe. Therefore, it moves faster than a canoe due to its lightweight. That’s why Kayak is easy to use compared to Canoe.
2 person fishing kayaks are the best option to spend time with friends and family while fishing. Other than family time, the beauty of nature, the sound of water are good for relaxation for anyone.
However, hopefully after reading this article, you’ll get the Kayak you want. Below you’ll find the comparison of all five kayaks. If you’re still confused about which Kayak is most suitable for you, scroll down the page and read it.
Comparison Table of the 5 Best 2 Person Fishing Kayaks
|Eagle Double Kayak||Lifetime Tandem Kayak||Coleman Fishing Kayak||NextGen2 Person Kayak||Elkton Tandem Kayak|
|Name||Eagle 12||Lifetime foot 10 tandem||2000014133||Next-Gen 1+1||Elkton Tandem Kayak (12.2)|
|Seat||Two seat include in package (you can buy one more seat for child)||2 seats||2 seats||UV 8||2 seats|
|Length +Width + Height||370cm (L) + 86cm (W) + 40cm (H)||10ft length||30.1inch(L) +11.6inches(W) + 19.2 (H)||310cm (L) + 81cm (W) + 36cm (H)||144inch (L) + 35 inch (W) + 12 inch (H)|
|Storage capacity||250 kg||226 kg||213.1 kg||180Kg||294.8 kg|
|Material||HDPE||Polythene||18 gauge PVC||HDPE||HDPE|
|Warranty||3 year||5 year||1 year||5 year||5 year|
|Suitable for||Flat Water||Flat Water||Flat water||Flat Water||Flat Water|