My go-to fishing websites providing lots of great tips and info include capmel.com, saltstrong.com and theonlinefisherman.com.
Weather-related Websites for this area that I check before heading out include:
(1) the Brighthouse Bay News 9 website (http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar/local.html),
(2) a National Weather Service site (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-82.69338&lat=28.86722),
(3) a National Weather Service Marine Zone Forecast (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=GMZ850),
(4) a regularly updated live online weather station located near the end of Ozello Trail administered by Mr. Barry Schwartz at: http://bschwartz.net/weewxfl//, and
(5) a new (May 2015) real-time weather station located at the Marine Science Station on the Salt River just below the Crystal River (https://citrus.weatherstem.com/mss).
For tidal information, I prefer www.tides4fishing.com because of the extra fishing-related information provided and the ease it provides in accessing data for different dates.
May 16, 2016 Fishing Report. It’s getting warm out there – summer is just around the corner. Get out there early and enjoy the comfortable temps before the blast furnace hits in a few weeks. Don’t know what happened to the redfish this year – they’re few and far between, and when I do run into them, they just don’t seem to want to chew (at least on my topwater presentations which I stubbornly throw their way). There are definitely more snook around, however. We got close to a pod of dolphins out of Ozello the other day and watched them corner a school of mullet and crash into them. Flying fish everywhere – was a blast to observe.